MEDICAID DENTAL INSURANCE & COVERAGE
Find Great Children's Dental Care w/ Medicaid
At Happy Smiles in Meridian, we believe EVERY child has the right to quality dental care regardless of income. That is why we accept all Medicaid insurance plans in Mississippi through DOM.
Finding a great dentist near you that takes Medicaid shouldn’t be difficult. Our conveniently located office on North Industrial Rd. is easily accessible from across Meridian and the surrounding area, and we are currently accepting new patients up to the age of 20.
We only see kids, so our office is geared toward making the experience at the dentist the best possible, from games in the lobbies to movies in the treatment rooms. Our staff is dedicated to providing high-quality dental care for children in a fun and family-friendly environment. We also encourage parents to be present with their children during appointments, not only for your child’s comfort, but also to keep an open dialogue between you and our staff for immediate feedback and tailored recommendations.
Book an appointment today at Happy Smiles and see the difference kid-focused dental care can make!
Automatic Medicaid Re-Enrollment Ends April 1st
On April 1st, 2023, the federal Medicaid program began the discontinuance (i.e., unwinding) of the COVID-19 era automatic re-enrollment, meaning you may need to take action to keep your Mississippi Medicaid coverage. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mississippi has not disenrolled most Medicaid members, regardless of eligibility. For some, this comes to an end beginning on April 1st.
Mississippi has opted to roll this out evenly over twelve months, and is trying to prepare Medicaid participants for any action required on their part, and for the potential of losing Medicaid coverage. Mississippi Department of Medicaid (DOM) will begin notifying recipients to the change and to look for renewal forms in the coming months. Ensure your information is up to date at www.medicaid.ms.gov/staycovered, or calling DOM at 1-800-421-2408. Members who no longer qualify for Medicaid in Mississippi through DOM will be referred to the Healthcare Marketplace for coverage options.
Renewal is typically based on when you first enrolled, however that can change under certain circumstances so be sure to visit www.medicaid.ms.gov/staycovered to check your renewal status.
What You Need to do to Prepare
- Ensure your mailing address, phone number, and email address are up to date by logging into www.medicaid.ms.gov/staycovered
- Check your mailbox for a letter from DOM about information regarding renewal of coverage or request for information
- Respond promptly to any requests from DOM so eligibility can be determined
Mississippi Medicaid Enrollment
- Determine eligibility: The first step is to make sure your child is eligible for Medicaid. In Mississippi, children under the age of 19 may be eligible for Medicaid if their family's income is at or below 194% of the federal poverty level. You can check the income guidelines on the Mississippi Division of Medicaid website.
- Gather necessary documents: You will need to gather certain documents to apply for Medicaid, such as your child's birth certificate, social security number, and proof of income.
- Apply online: You can apply for Medicaid online through Mississippi Division of Medicaid. You will need to create an account and complete the application.
- Apply in person: If you prefer, you can also apply for Medicaid in person at a local Health and Human Services Commission office. Click HERE to find the closest office.
- Follow up: After you submit your application, you can check its status online or by contacting the Division of Medicaid. You may also need to provide additional information or documentation to complete the application process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, you can contact the Health and Human Services Commission at 1-800-421-2408.
Mississippi Insurance Plans:
- Mississippi Medicaid
- MississippiCAN (Managed Care Programs)
- Magnolia Health
- Molina Healthcare
Find more information & to see the complete list of Mississippi Medicaid services HERE.